Looking for a few fun things to do this summer? We’ve got you covered! There are SO many local fun activities for you to take the kids to try, here’s a list of our top 15.
- Greenville Zoo recently welcomed a new American Alligator for the first time in a few years. Be sure to check him out along with so many other cool animals!
- Beat the heat. Stop into The Children’s Museum of the Upstate for a day of exploration and learning. Their new Geo’s Golf is sure to be fun for the kids!
- Explore the dinosaur exhibit at the Roper Mountain Science Center, starting June 1!
- Go through a safari! Drive through the Hollywild Animal Preserve, open select days through June.
- Break out to one of the many playgrounds for a fun-filled day outdoors!
- Check out the local hiking trails, there are several that are kid friendly.
- Enjoy the beautiful sights around the Clemson Botanical Gardens.
- Head out to the Swamp Rabbit Trail for miles of outdoor fun! Enjoy nature during a nice long walk or family bike ride.
Beat the Heat
- Cool off at the local waterparks! Check out Otter Creek Waterpark, one of several water parks in the Greenville area.
- Take a trip down the Saluda river, you can hop on a tube in Easley at the Saluda Outdoor Center and float the day away!
- Spend some time indoors during the hot days at one of the trampoline parks in Greenville. With plenty of parks to visit, Urban Air, Big Air, Kangaroo Jaxs and Sky Zone Trampoline Parks will keep the kids entertained for hours!
Trips with the Kids
- Take the family on an educational day trip.
- Visit a Farmers’ Market with the kids!
- Have a movie night from your car! Head on over to Greenwood to the 25 Drive In Movie Theater.
- Grab a tent, some s’mores and the grill.. Take the family to one of the many local campgrounds and have a family camping trip.